5 Things Friday: Special Needs / Special Response Conference
Today's top local events and tips
"Five Things" is a daily Patch feature where we give you Fair Lawn's top five tips and events for each day of the week. Have a suggestion for a "Five Things" item? E-mail me at email@example.com.
1) The "Special Needs / Special Response” Conference is Friday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Bergen Community College. will It focuses on ways that disabled individuals can better prepare for emergency situations. The conference is free to attend and will be held in the Technical Building’s Moses Room.
2) Vladimir Fridman presents “Oh, Do Not Fly So Life” at 7 p.m. Friday at the Fair Lawn Community Center. Fridman acts, sings and plays guitar. The musical program will be presented in both Russian and Hebrew. Tickets are $25.
3) Fair Lawn's Amateur Radio Club has a business meeting at 8 p.m. Friday at the Fair Lawn Community Center.
4) Check out "Wyckoffeller Center" at the Wyckoff YMCA Friday night at 7. The evening will include music and dance from the holiday classic "The Nutcracker," and will be directed by a former Radio City choreographer. Tickets are $15 for adults / $10 for children. Tickets purchased the day of the event are an additional $5.
5) The Breakaway Youth Group, a Christian youth group for grades 7-12, meets Friday at 8 p.m. at the Fair Lawn Bible Church. The group focuses on bringing young adults together to break away from peer pressure and connect socially and spiritually through Jesus Christ.