5 Things Saturday: Yom Kippur
Today's top Fair Lawn events and tips
"Five Things" is a daily Patch feature where we give you Fair Lawn's top five tips and events for each day of the week. Have a suggestion for a "Five Things" item? E-mail me at email@example.com.
1) It's Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement.
2) If you've been putting off cleaning your car, Saturday is a good day for a car wash. Two groups of youngsters are holding car washes in town today.
Meanwhile, members of the Fair Lawn 9U travel baseball team will be washing cars for $5 at Radburn Car Care, located at 22-20 Fair Lawn Ave. The team will be representing Fair Lawn next May at the Sports at the Beach Complex in Delaware after winning the New Jersey Youth Baseball tournament this summer and need funds for the trip.
3) The Humanists of North Jersey have their monthly meeting at the Library Saturday at 10 a.m. Alan. S. Ziegler will speak on "The Roberts Supreme Court and the First Amendment: Principled or Political?"
4) The 34th Annual Fabulous Fall Festival in Ridgewood runs from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday at the Graydon Pool Parking Lot. There will be games, bounce houses, kids crafts, shopping and carnival treats. The event is free.
5) And then there were four. The ALCS and NLCS are set.
St. Louis will play Milwaukee in the National League
Detroit will face off against Texas in the American League
Who do you think will win it all? My team (The Brew Crew) is still alive.