Fair Lawn Workers Commute Longer Than Workers From Saddle Brook [Interactive Map]
The average travel time to work in the United States is 25.4 minutes, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- March 6, 2013
Fair Lawn residents, on average, have a slightly longer commute to work than their neighbors to the south in Saddle Brook, according to U.S. Census Bureau data.
Borough residents spend about a half-hour traveling to work each day, approximately 4.5 minutes longer than the national average. Saddle Brook workers, on the other hand, typically spend about 5 fewer minutes getting to work, but also have more variance in their commute times, U.S. Census data shows.
Commuting times get longer immediately north of Fair Lawn-Saddle Brook, where more workers are presumably heading into the city. The average commute times for residents coming from Glen Rock or Ridgewood are 33.4 minutes and 35.8 minutes, respectively.
Type in the zip code or just scroll your mouse over any community in the WNYC Average Commute Times map above to see commute times from anywhere in the country.
See More on Patch
- History of Saddle Brook Author Holds Book Signing [Photos]
- Brunch Club Makeover, 21-Ton Cheese Recovery in Top Local Headlines
- Fair Lawn Amassed Area's Largest Toys for Tots Collection
- Superstorm Sandy Damaged More Than 90 Homes in Fair Lawn, Saddle Brook
- Fair Lawn-Saddle Brook Follows: The 2011 Pipe Bomb