Library Seeks Donations of Summer Reading Books
The library could use some help to supplement its current reserves of summer reading books on the Fair Lawn Public Schools' lists.
Holding on to a book that you no longer need? The library is seeking donations of nine books that appear on this year's Fair Lawn Public Schools' summer reading lists to supplement its supplies for student borrowers.
Students who would like to borrow any of this year's summer reading titles can do so at the library or through the BCCLS system, but some titles are limited (not enough to meet the demand without putting people on waiting lists or going through other libraries). If you'd like to borrow a summer reading list book, just stop by the library or call 201-796-3400, Ext. 5.
If you have any of these books at home and no longer need them, please consider donating them to the library:
- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- Half a Life by Darin Strauss
- Wait Till Next Year: A Memoir by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates by Wes Moore
- How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming by Mike Brown
- Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
- The Winter of Our Disconnect: How Three Totally Wired Teenagers (and a Mother Who Slept with Her iPhone) Pulled the Plug on Their Technology and Lived to Tell the Tale by Susan Maushart
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand