Saddle Brook Girl Scouts Take On 'The Big Book Drive'
Saddle Brook Girl Scout Troop 4324 is collecting books for children in Paterson at 10 locations across town.
A half-dozen fourth grade Saddle Brook girl scouts are on a mission to bring books into the homes of Paterson children.
Girl Scout Troop 4324, with the help of Mayor Karen Chamberlain, is holding a townwide book drive until March 31 with the goal of collecting 10,000 books.
The books will be donated to the homes of Paterson children and the Paterson Public Library, which lost over 10,000 books in flooding caused by Hurricane Irene in 2011.
Megan Power, the mother of one of the girls and a Girl Scout volunteer, said the girls were about halfway to their goal. If you'd like to donate new or gently used children's/teen books, you can drop them off at the following locations around town until March 31.
- Saddle Brook Public Library – 340 Mayhill Street
- Saddle Brook Senior Center – 8 Caldwell Avenue
- Saddle Brook Town Hall – 93 Market Street
- Kim-Bridge Cardtiques – 449 Market Street
- Kimura Shukokai Karate School – 462 Market Street
- CVS – 475 Fairlawn Parkway
- Dollar General – 419 Market Street
- Saddle Brook Diner – 30 Market Street
- MVMT Dance School – 370 Market Street
- A & P – 75 Mayhill Street (box at exit in lobby)
For questions, contact Jennifer Miller at email@example.com or 201-248-9014.