Week Ahead: Battle of the Paddles, ADA Dance, SBHS Football Playoff Semifinal
Below is a list of events scheduled in Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook this week.
Below is a list of events to keep in mind this week:
- Monday, Nov. 26 --
- The Fair Lawn Zoning Board meets at 7 p.m., Borough Hall Council Chambers
- Photographer Martin Joffe will present and discuss a slide show of street art images he's taken from all over the world at the Fair Lawn Library at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 27 --
- There's a Fair Lawn regular council meeting at 7:30 p.m, Borough Hall Councul Chambers (click for agenda).
- There's a Planning Board meeting in Saddle Brook at 7:30 p.m. at the Municipal Building on Market Street.
- Wednesday, Nov. 28 -
- Thursday, Nov. 29 -
- The Patch Pick 'Em, our weekly NFL Fantasy Football advice column, continues Thursday. Make sure to check it out and cast your vote for who you think will win in each week's Pick 'Em games.
- Saddle Brook Township Council is holding a special meeting at 6 p.m. at the municipal building to provide a COAH update and discuss tax appeals, among other things. Formal action may be taken at the meeting.
- The Battle of the Paddles ping pong tournament, a Hurricane Sandy benefit being held at Thomas Jefferson Middle School, pits students and faculty against one another for a good cause. The Battle begins at 7 p.m. and will take place in the school gymnasium. Admission is $5.
- Friday, Nov. 30 -
- Saturday, Dec. 1 -
- There's a Holiday Arts & Crafts Boutique at the Fair Lawn Library from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The boutique features handmade local items, door prizes, baked goods and crafts for children while parents shop. Proceeds benefit the Friends of the Maurice M. Pine Public Library to support Library programs.
- No. 2 Saddle Brook faces off at home against No. 3 Pompton Lakes in the sectional semifinals at 1 p.m.
- Cafe Night, an evening of music featuring Fair Lawn’s Own Clare Cooper, is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at the Fair Lawn Jewish Center/Congregation B'nai Israel. Admission is $18 per person in advance, $25 per person at the door.
- Sunday, Dec. 2 -
- The Jets (4-7) host the woeful Arizona Cardinals at 1 p.m.
- There's a Holiday Arts & Crafts Boutique at the Fair Lawn Library from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The boutique features handmade local items, door prizes, baked goods and crafts for children while parents shop. Proceeds benefit the Friends of the Maurice M. Pine Public Library to support Library programs.
- Temple Beth Sholom in Fair Lawn is presenting the off-Broadway, one woman show, "After Anne Frank" at 2 p.m. Admission is $18.
- The North Jersey Symphony Orchestra will hold its first concert of the 2012-2013 season at 3 p.m. at Thomas Jefferson Middle School. Tickets are $15 adults, $10 students and seniors.
- The Glen Rock Jewish Center is presenting the film "Welcome To Kutsher's: The Last Catskills Resort," at 4 p.m. The film’s directors, Ian Rosenberg and Caroline Laskow, will share stories and reflections about Kutsher's and making this award-winning documentary. Tickets are $10 per person ($7 for Seniors over 65) and include popcorn, soft drinks, coffee and tea.