Week Ahead: Community Blood Drive, SBHS Winter Concert
Below is a list of events scheduled in Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook this week
Here's a list of events to keep in mind this week:
- Monday, Dec. 17 --
- Monday is the final day that old plastic toys can be delivered to the Fair Lawn Recycling Center for reuse in the Second Chance Toy Drive.
- Monday is the final day that the Fair Lawn Police Department, dispatchers and rescue squad are teaming up with the United States Marine Corps Reserve to collect toys for children of all ages as part of the Toys for Tots initiative. Click here for a list of drop-off locations.
- The New York Jets (6-7) travel to Tennessee for Monday Night Footballl at 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 18 --
- Memorial Middle School is hosting its first annual community blood drive through Community Blood Services of Paramus, beginning at 1:30 p.m. Appointments are available every 15 minutes. Please contact Ms. Novak at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in donating blood.
- The Fair Lawn Borough Council will hold a special meeting and work session at 7:30 p.m. Click here for an agenda.
- Saddle Brook High School will hold its annual Winter Concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Charles Broadhurst Memorial Auditorium. Students from the band, chorus, and the Choraleers acapella group will perform. Admission is $5 at the door.
- Saddle Brook Planning Board meets at 7:30 p.m. in the municipal building.
- Gil Lainer, the Consul for Public Affairs at the Consulate General of Israel in New York, will speak at the Fair Lawn Jewish Center/Congregation B’nai Israel at 8 p.m. His speech will examine the question, "Will Israel Ever Win the Public Relations War?"
- Wednesday, Dec. 19 -
- Thursday, Dec. 20 -
- The Patch Pick 'Em, our weekly NFL Fantasy Football advice column, continues Thursday. Make sure to check it out and cast your vote for who you think will win in each week's Pick 'Em games.
- Rahel Musleah, award-winning journalist, singer, speaker and educator, will take congregants and guests at Fair Lawn Jewish Center/Congregation B’nai Israel on a personal, historic, and musical journey to Jewish India at 8 p.m. The event is free to Sisterhood members and $5 at the door for the general public.
- Friday, Dec. 21 -
- Santa Claus telephone ends in Fair Lawn.
- Both Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook public schools will have a half-day on Friday. It's the final school day this year before winter break.
- Saturday, Dec. 22 -
- Sunday, Dec. 23 -
- The Jets (6-7) host the Chargers at 1 p.m.
- Coming off a blowout loss to the Falcons, the Giants (8-6) will try to recover at Baltimore. Kickoff is 4:25 p.m.
Some ongoing holiday drives to keep in mind:
- The Borough of Fair Lawn and the Fair Lawn Police Department have partnered with Adopt-A-Soldier Platoon/Operation NJ and are collecting items for New Jersey soldiers. Collection boxes are located at the Municipal Building, Public Library, Senior Center and Community Center.
- The Borough of Fair Lawn and Cell Phones for Soldiers are asking borough employees to help troops call home by donating gently-used cellular phones. Employees can donate their phones at the Municipal Building. The drop-off container is located on the first floor of the Municipal Building across from the Tax Collector’s Office.