Week Ahead: Landmark Resolution Finalized, Fair Lawn Town Hall Lighting
Below is a list of events scheduled in Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook this week
Here's a list of events to keep in mind this week:
- Monday, Dec. 3 --
- The Fair Lawn Planning Board will finalize its resolution of approval for the Landmark development at Daly Field at 7:30 p.m. The board is expected to attach an extensive number of conditions to its approval. Click here for Monday's meeting agenda.
- The Giants (7-4) face off against the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field on Monday Night Football at 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 4 --
- Fair Lawn will hold its town hall holiday lighting ceremony at 7 p.m., prior to the council's scheduled work session. The event will involve caroling and a visit from Santa Claus.
- The Fair Lawn Council will hold a work session at 7:30 p.m. in Room 201 of the Municipal Building. Click here for a work session agenda.
- Wednesday, Dec. 5 -
- Saddle Brook residents are invited to participate in an open search forum for Saddle Brook's next superintendent being held at 7 p.m. at the Middle School/High School Media Center. Sousa and Stern Educational Consultants, LLC will facilitate the meeting.
- Thursday, Dec. 6 -
- The Patch Pick 'Em, our weekly NFL Fantasy Football advice column, continues Thursday. Make sure to check it out and cast your vote for who you think will win in each week's Pick 'Em games.
- Fair Lawn will hold its Rabies Clinic for dogs and cats at Memorial Park garage between 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Italian-American professional soccer player Giuseppe Rossi will be signing autographs at B&B Wines and Liquors, located at 13-05 River Road, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The store will also be offering free wine tastings during the event.
- Friday, Dec. 7 -
- Santa Claus telephone begins in Fair Lawn
- Memorial Middle School is hosting an evening of performances by local professional musicians, students, alumni, and staff to support New Jersey families and friends that have been impacted by Hurricane Sandy. Show starts at 7 p.m. Suggested donation is $10, all of which goes to Hurricane Sandy relief organizations.
- Saturday, Dec. 8 (Eve of Hannukah) -
- Garretson Forge & Farm, located at 4-02 River Road in Fair Lawn, holds its annual Dutch Christmas celebration of food, crafts and holiday fun from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free, but donations are accepted.
- Sunday, Dec. 9 (Hanukkah) -
- The Jets (5-7) travel to Jacksonville for a matchup with the Jaguars at 1 p.m.
- Musicians Tom and Sandy Doyle will perform a Les Paul/Mary Ford Tribute show that has won rave reviews in New York City at 2 p.m. at the Fair Lawn Public Library.
- The Giants (7-4) host the New Orleans Saints at 4:25 p.m.
- The First Reformed Church of Saddle Brook, located at 5 Ackerman Ave., will be holding its annual Vespers Program at 4 p.m. The play is presented by the church's Sunday School, with students ranging from pre-school through high school and will be followed by a free dinner served in the Van Wyk Fellowship Hall.
- The Borough of Fair Lawn and Dance Designs present "A Winter Holiday Celebration" at 4 p.m. at the Fair Lawn Community Center. All attendees are asked to bring a toy with them that will be donated to Shelter our Sisters. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at Dance Designs, located at 12-38 River Road, Fair Lawn.