Week Ahead: Fire Department 100th, Saddle Brook Debate, Superfund Meeting
Below is a list of events scheduled in Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook this week.
Below is a list of events to keep in mind this week:
- Monday, Oct. 1 --
- The Fair Lawn Holiday Celebrations Committee in cooperation with the Knights of Columbus, the Cosmos Club and the Fair Lawn Recreation Department are holding a Columbus Day Poster and Essay Contest for Fair Lawn school children, grades kindergarten through 8. Submissions must be made at the Community Center between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. by Oct. 3. The winners, one from each grade, will be announced on Monday, Oct. 8 at the Knights of Columbus Columbus Day program.
- Saddle Brook Zoning Board Meetign at 7:30 p.m. at Council Chambers on Market Street.
- Tuesday, Oct. 2 --
- Fair Lawn Council Regular Meeting at 7:30 p.m., Council Chambers on Fair Lawn Avenue.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3 -
- The Fair Lawn Farmer's Market will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the New Song Church parking lot at corner of Fair Lawn Avenue and Craig Road.
- Fair Lawn Historic Preservation Committee Lecture on Fire Department's 100th anniversary delivered by Deputy Mayor and Ex-Chief John Cosgrove at 7:30 p.m., Community Center Auditorium.
- Last day to submit an entry for the Fair Lawn Columbus Day Poster and Essay contest.
- Thursday, Oct. 4 -
- The Patch Pick 'Em, our weekly NFL Fantasy Football advice column, continues Thursday. Make sure to check it out and cast your vote for who you think will win in each week's Pick 'Em games.
- The Saddle Brook Council Candidate will be held at 7 p.m. at the Saddle Brook Senior Center. The debate is open to the public and will also be streamed live on Saddle Brook TV.
- The Environmental Protection Agency will be hold a meeting to discuss the next steps in the remedial investigation of Fair Lawn Well Field Superfund Site from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Fair Lawn Community Center.
- Friday, Oct. 5 -
- Following their first win of the season last week against Passaic, the Fair Lawn High School football team travel to Don Bosco Prep to take on a much tougher Ironmen team at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 6 -
- The undefeated Saddle Brook High School football team plays at home against North Arlington. The Falcons won 21-14 against Palisades Park last week.
- The award-winning Fair Lawn High School Marching Band competes at Morris Knolls High School.
- Hurdy Gurdy concert at 8 p.m., Fair Lawn Community Center
- Sunday, Oct. 7 -
- The First Reformed Church of Saddle Brook, 5 Ackerman Ave., is joining with the national program "Bells Across America" to honor fallen firefighters during its worship service.
- The Saddle Brook UNICO Car Show and Feast at Washington School runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Vehicle Registration is $5.
- The Giants (2-2) hope to get back on track at home against the hapless Browns at 1 p.m.