Week Ahead: Landmark Hearing, Council Meetings
Below is a list of events scheduled in Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook this week.
Below is a list of events to keep in mind this week:
- Monday, Sept. 10 --
- Saddle Brook Township Council will hold a work session at 6:30 p.m. at the municipal building on Market Street.
- Saddle Brook Board of Education meets at 7:30 p.m. for its caucus meeting at the Middle/High School, located at 355 Mayhill Street.
- Saddle Brook's Zoning Board meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Saddle Brook Senior Center on Caldwell Avenue.
- This month's Fair Lawn Planning Board hearing regarding the Landmark development on Daly Field is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. in borough hall's council chambers (click for agenda). The meetings on the proposed housing development have been held since March on various aspects of the project. Monday's meeting will be the first meeting to address the development's environmental impact.
- Tuesday, Sept. 11 --
- A state superior court judge in Hackensack will rule at 10 a.m. on an amendment to Fair Lawn's affordable housing plan that would involve a unit transfer agreement between two developers and the creation of dedicated senior housing in the borough (click for agenda).
- There's a Fair Lawn council meeting at 7:30 p.m (click for agenda).
- Fair Lawn will mark the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks by honoring the lives lost that day at the beginning of Tuesday's council meeting.
- Fair Lawn will swear in its newest police officer, Anthony Burgos, prior to the start of Tuesday's council meeting.
- Wednesday, Sept. 12 -
- The weekly Fair Lawn Farmer's Market runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the New Song Church parking lot at the corner of Fair Lawn Avenue and Craig Road.
- Saddle Brook Board of Education meets at 7:30 p.m. for its regular meeting at the Middle/High School at 355 Mayhill Street.
- Thursday, Sept. 13 -
- The Patch Pick 'Em, our weekly NFL Fantasy Football advice column, continues Thursday. Make sure to check it out and cast your vote for who you think will win in each week's Pick 'Em games.
- Saddle Brook Township Council will hold a regular meeting at 7 p.m. at the municipal building.
- Friday, Sept. 14 -
- St. Anne's Three-Day Street Faire opens at 6 p.m. and runs through the weekend.
- The Fair Lawn High School football team, which lost 34-12 to Hackensack on Saturday, will play Clifton on the road at 7 p.m. in its second game of the year.
- Saturday, Sept. 15 -
- The Saddle Brook High School Football team, which opened its season with a 32-7 win over Lodi on Saturday, takes on Becton at Saddle Brook High School.
- The joint Saddle Brook-Fair Lawn Special Needs Soccer Program for children ages 5 through 16 will hold its opening day at 3:30 p.m. at the Dobrow Sports Complex in Fair Lawn.
- The Knights of Columbus in Fair Lawn will host a Comedy Night to benefit Saddle Brook resident Mike Stanzione.
- Sunday, Sept. 16 -
- The Giants (0-1) play at home against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 1 p.m.
- The Jets (1-0) travel to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers at 4:25 p.m.