Week Ahead: Gov. Christie Town Hall, Restaurant Opening
Below is a list of events scheduled in Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook this week.
Below is a list of events to keep in mind this week:
- Monday, Sept. 17 --
- All Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook schools are closed for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.
- Help out the local charity Adopt-a-Soldier Platoon by voting for them in the Chase Community Giving contest. They're currently in 219th and need to get back up to 196th or better to earn a $10,000 grant. Click here to vote. Voting ends on Wednesday, Sept. 19.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18 --
- Fair Lawn Schools are closed for Rosh Hashanah, but Saddle Brook schools are in session.
- Gov. Chris Christie will hold a town hall meeting at the Elmwood Park Recreation Center, located at 500 Boulevard, at 10:45 a.m. Christie is set to discuss his middle-class reform agenda that, according to a press release, involves "delivering direct, middle-class tax relief, lowering the cost of government and the property tax burden and making government more accountable and transparent to the people." If you'd like to attend, you can R.S.V.P online.
- There's a Fair Lawn council work session at 7:30 p.m in Room 201 of the municipal building (click for agenda).
- Lucky's Steak Plate, a new steak and burger joint on River Road, will open on Tuesday. Check it out!
- Wednesday, Sept. 19 -
- The weekly Fair Lawn Farmer's Market runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the New Song Church parking lot at the corner of Fair Lawn Avenue and Craig Road.
- Thursday, Sept. 20 -
- The Patch Pick 'Em, our weekly NFL Fantasy Football advice column, continues Thursday. Make sure to check it out and cast your vote for who you think will win in each week's Pick 'Em games.
- The Giants (1-1) play on the road at Carolina on Thursday Night at 8:20 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 21 -
- There's an ADA Dance at the Fair Lawn Community Center from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. There's a $5 cover that includes refreshments.
- The Saddle Brook High School Football team, which pummeled Becton 42-0 on Saturday, plays on the road against Waldwick/Midland Park at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 22 -
- The Fair Lawn High School football team, which lost a 22-19 heartbreaker to Clifton on Friday to fall to 0-2, plays at Kennedy at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 23 -
- The Jets (1-1) travel to Miami to take on the Dolphins at 1 p.m.