Week Ahead: Say Hello to Saddle Brook, Fair Lawn Readers
On Thursday, Aug. 23, Fair Lawn Patch will be adding the adjoining township of Saddle Brook to its coverage area to create a combined Fair Lawn-Saddle Brook Patch site.
As some of you may have noticed, the site has been slightly lighter on content over the past few weeks.
Today, I'm pleased to announce the reason for that downturn has been my recent efforts to get acclimated with the township and people of Saddle Brook, our newest Patch town.
As of Thursday, Fair Lawn Patch will be adding Saddle Brook to its coverage area in an effort to strengthen our coverage of both communities, via a combined Fair Lawn-Saddle Brook Patch site.
It makes sense to our readers and advertisers to combine the two towns in one site, since both face many of the same concerns.
I have every intention of offering robust coverage of both towns, but I'll absolutely need your help. As a single person, it's impossible to cover everything -- even in just one town -- so the primary challenge will be focusing my attention on the stories that matter most to readers in both communities.
So that I can continue focusing on the most impactful stories, I ask that you please ease my transition by sending tips, questions and letters to the editor to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an event to promote, an announcement to make or an idea to get off your chest, you can post each on the site independent of me -- this tutorial explains how.
And as always, if you think there's something I'm missing or that could use some tinkering, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Below is a list of other events to keep in mind this week:
- Monday -- There's a special budget adoption meeting in Saddle Brook at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday -- There's a Fair Lawn council meeting at 7:30 p.m (click for agenda)
- Wednesday - The weekly Fair Lawn Farmer's Market runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Radburn Association building on Fair Lawn Avenue.
- Thursday - Giovanni's Deli is holding a fundraiser for the Fair Lawn High School football team from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday - The Dance Theatre of New Jersey presents its show “Visions” at the Community Center at 7 p.m.