Rotarians from across the globe are working together with local Rotary District 7490 to offer relief to victims of Superstorm Sandy.
District 7490, which encompasses Bergen, Passaic and Hudson counties and has been tabbed to lead the Rotary's tri-state area relief efforts, has been working with Volunteer Organizations Assisting in Disasters to coordinate efforts among organizations in Bergen County and assist with local Rotary Clubs in the hardest-hit areas.
The recovery is expected to take months and there remains an immediate need for an assortment of items.
If you'd like to contribute, consider donating the following items:
- Baby Food, formula and diapers
- Non-perishable food
- Bottled water
- Generators for some areas
- New clothes
- New beds, cots, linens and pillows
- Cleaning supplies*
- Batteries, flashlights
- Non-fabric furniture (no sofas or upholstered chairs
- Gift cards to Lowe’s, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Target universal gift cards
- NO USED CLOTHING OF ANY TYPE
To make a secure cash donation to the relief efforts or just stay updated on the Rotary Club's relief efforts, visit rotarydistrict7490.org.