Health advocates in Ridgewood and Fair Lawn are encouraging residents to lose 500 pounds.
The Ridgewood YMCA recently announced the community Weight Loss Challenge, which will kick off on March 10, on its website.
According to the announcement, the
challenge – which tasks participants with losing 500 pounds over 12 weeks – is
a collaboration between the Ridgewood
YMCA, the Mayors Wellness Campaign, Fair Lawn Health Department, Ridgewood
Health Department, Retro Fitness of Fair Lawn, and The Valley Hospital.
It’s free for residents of both towns, and includes:
- Weekly weigh-ins at the Y
- Motivational health and fitness classes
- Free 1 day guest pass to Ridgewood YMCA
- Free pre-and post-challenge cholesterol and blood sugar screening for the first 50 people registered.
- And anyone who completes the program, no matter their individual weight loss, will be entered into a chance to win prizes!
The Ridgewood kickoff to the event is happening Monday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Ridgewood Village Hall. Get more information here and register at 201-291-6090.