Here's a list of events to keep in mind this week:
- Monday, Dec. 10 --
- Fair Lawn loose leaf collection is completed. Leaves placed in the street will not be collected. Next week is the final yard waste collection in barrels and bags by the Recycling Division. The Recycling Center will continue to accept yard waste from the residents throughout the winter.
- The Saddle Brook Township Council will hold a Work Session at 6:30 p.m. at the Municipal Building, located at 93 Market Street.
- The Saddle Brook Board of Education will hold a Caucus Meeting at 7:30 p.m. at the Middle School/High School.
- Tuesday, Dec. 11 --
- The Fair Lawn Council will hold a work session at 7:30 p.m. in Room 201 of the Municipal Building. Click here for a work session agenda.
- Wednesday, Dec. 12 -
- The Saddle Brook Board of Education will hold a Regular Meeting at 7:30 p.m. at the Middle School/High School.
- Thursday, Dec. 13 -
- The Patch Pick 'Em, our weekly NFL Fantasy Football advice column, continues Thursday. Make sure to check it out and cast your vote for who you think will win in each week's Pick 'Em games.
- The Saddle Brook Township Council will hold a Regular Meeting at 7 p.m. at the Municipal Building, located at 93 Market Street.
- The Fair Lawn Board of Education meets at 8 p.m. at Edison School Room 19 for its monthly board meeting.
- Friday, Dec. 14 -
- Saturday, Dec. 15 -
- As part of Wreaths Across America, Fair Lawn will participate in a coordinated wreath-laying ceremony honoring the veterans of our country at noon on the Municipal Building front lawn, 8-01 Fair Lawn Avenue.
- Sunday, Dec. 16 -
- Coming off a dismantling of the New Orleans Saints, the Giants (8-4) travel to Atlanta to take on the Falcons (11-2) at 1 p.m.
- The Fair Lawn Public Library will " starring Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones at 1:30 p.m.
- The Fair Lawn Jewish Center/Congregation B'nai Israel is holding a Hurricane Sandy Benefit Concert. The event begins with a fun hour at 2 p.m. that includes a bake sale, music decor sale and nail design station. The concert starts at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10 and all proceeds go to help Sandy victims.
Some ongoing holiday drives to keep in mind:
- The Fair Lawn Recycling Center is collecting old plastic toys for reuse in the Second Chance Toy Drive. Toys must be delivered to the Recycling Center by Dec. 17.
- The Borough of Fair Lawn and the Fair Lawn Police Department have partnered with Adopt-A-Soldier Platoon/Operation NJ and are collecting items for New Jersey soldiers. Collection boxes are located at the Municipal Building, Public Library, Senior Center and Community Center.
- The Fair Lawn Police Department, dispatchers and rescue squad are teaming up with the United States Marine Corps Reserve this holiday season to collect toys for children of all ages as part of the Toys for Tots initiative. Click here for a list of drop-off locations.
- The Borough of Fair Lawn and Cell Phones for Soldiers are asking borough employees to help troops call home by donating gently-used cellular phones. Employees can donate their phones at the Municipal Building. The drop-off container is located on the first floor of the Municipal Building across from the Tax Collector’s Office.
- The Saddle Brook Police Department is also teaming up with the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve in their Toys for Tots campaign. New, unwrapped toys can be dropped off in the lobby of the police station at 63 Market Street until Friday, Dec. 14.