"Five Things" is a daily Patch feature where we give you Fair Lawn's top five tips and events for each day of the week. Have a suggestion for a "Five Things" item? E-mail me at email@example.com.
1) , a charity event to raise awareness of and support for individuals affected by traumatic brain injury, is being held Saturday. Registration/Breakfast is at 9 a.m, to be followed by the one-mile walk at 10 a.m. The walk takes place in (Dunkerhook section).
$20 for adults, $10 for kids 12-17, Free for children under 12. Proceeds benefit the Brain Injury Association of New Jersey, the only non-profit in the state dedicated to brain injury.
2) A will be held Saturday to benefit fallen Fair Lawn police officer Mary Ann Collura's Scholarship Foundation. The benefit drive will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Fair Lawn Fire Company No. 1's Firehouse, located at 12-34 George St.
3) opens at 5 p.m Saturday at the Tuxedo River Ski Center in Tuxedo, N.Y.
Rock the Mountain, now in its fifth year, is a music and arts festival to benefit residents of Spectrum for Living, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities. Admission is free, but donations are accepted.
The event is sponsred by Fair Lawn-based wealth management advisors .
4) Saturday night at 8 p.m at the . Tickets are $20.
5) The has its grand opening celebration Saturday at 11 a.m., 14-35 Plaza Road.