The borough contracted with D&L Paving Contractors, Inc. Tuesday for $375,425 to perform roadway resurfacing and the installation of barrier-free ramps across town.
Borough engineer Ken Garrison said Fair Lawn surveys its approximately 80 miles of roadway each year to determine which roads are most in need of resurfacing. The roads most in need are then resurfaced as part of the borough’s capital improvement program for maintaining infrastructure.
This year, resurfacing will occur at 20 road sites in town, including 11th Street from Gardiner Road to Backus Road, D’Auria Drive from Lyle Terrace to Finn Terrace and George Street from Hopper Avenue to Fair Lawn Avenue.
Garrison said that roads will be shut down for a couple hours during the resurfacing process, which should be finished by Dec. 1.
A total list of the 20 roads slated for resurfacing:
1. 11th Street from Gardiner Road to Backus Road
2. 34th Street and Raphael Street, intersection only
3. Avenue of Heroes, Memorial Park Complex
4. Abbott Road North from Fair Lawn Avenue to High Street
5. Cadmus Parking Lot, Addition
6. Draig Road and High Street, intersection only
7. D'Auria Drive from Lyle Terrace to Finn Terrace
8. Dalton Place, casting only
9. Finn Terrace from Ackerman Drive to D'Auria Drive
10. Franciscan Way and Fernwood Drive, intersection only
11. Franciscan Way and Fulton Place, intersection only
12. Franciscan Way and Radburn Rad, intersection only
13. George Street from Hopper Avenue to Fair Lawn Avenue
14. High Street from Plaza Road N to Abbott Road N
15. Jerome Place and Taylor Road, intersection only
16. Mayfair Terrace, casting only
17. Owen Avenue, intersections only
18. Romaine Avenue, rescue driveway
19. Rutgers Terrace and Ryder Road, intersection only
20. Windsor Road, from Wayne Road to Saddle River Road